How Roku Streaming TV Works There are no monthly fees for watching free channels or for using a Roku…
Welcome to Roku
Activate Roku Link Code
Roku Activation can be done in easy steps. In order to activate your Roku streaming player or Roku TV, it must be linked to a Roku account.
Your Roku account stores which Roku streaming devices you own and which channels you have installed, as well as your preferences and settings. It’s important to have a valid email address associated with your Roku account in order to manage your account and to receive important account notifications. Similarly, you should choose a strong, secure password.
- There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account.
- Roku does NOT charge for device activation
Activating Your Roku Device
- Follow the Quick Start Guide that came with your Roku device.
- For additional help setting up your Roku device, visit the Setup and Troubleshooting section of the Roku support site.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to the internet.
- Once connected, your Roku device may download new software.
- Your Roku device will then display a link code; e.g. “XD12G”.
- Make a note of this link code and go to the website Roku activation on your computer or mobile device.
- Note: When entering roku.com/link into your web browser, type it correctly to avoid fraudulent websites.
- On the website, enter the link code and click Submit.
- If you see an error or get stuck on a specific step, learn how to resolve issues activating your Roku streaming device. Important: You must complete ALL of the steps on the website before going back to your Roku device otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.
- Follow the instructions on the website to create a Roku account or log in to an existing Roku account.
- When creating a new Roku account, you will be required to provide a payment method. The payment method allows you to purchase subscriptions to popular channels, rent or buy movies and TV shows, or make other purchases from the Roku Channel Store. Adding a payment method does not result in any charges to your account. You will only be charged after going through the additional steps required to make a purchase; e.g. when signing up for a subscription, renting or buying a movie or TV show, or adding a channel from the Roku Channel Store.
- Most major credit cards and PayPal have accepted payment methods. Get more help if you are having trouble adding a payment method.
- If you wish to prevent unauthorized purchases, learn how to create a PIN for your Roku account.
- Once you have completed the activation process your Roku device will be ready to use.
How Roku Streaming TV Works With a Roku player or Roku TV, you can stream your favorite movies and T…